Thursday, December 28, 2006

Well, Christmas came & went...


and there were NO family fights! That has to be a first - maybe because we didn't spend much time at my mums! Every year, either my brother, or my SIL, has started an arguement with me - it's unbelievable!! One year my brother told me I was a lousy parent, and had done a shocking job of raising T'Keyah, who was two and a half at the time. She had a slight toddler meltdown, nothing major - and that's when he gave me that snippet of information - twat. Ha, he ate those words though - (he'd also told me that T'K's behaviour was because of my slack raising of her, and that his child, who at the time was 5 weeks old, would *NEVER* behave like that - really, really stupid words to utter, considering his children's behaviours are 10 times worse than my kids!). Every year since, either one of his kids has had a major fit right on meal time, and I just smile to myself. You know, for a lawyer and a doctor, they can be pretty dense!


Anyways, Christmas is done and dusted for another year - too much stress and fuss for my liking sometimes, but on a plus, my Dad and stepmother loved their frame of things from their place in Karitane (oh, and the ride out there, all alone........BLISS!). Girls both got spoiled, and had a great day. I've done another challenge, two to go, three days left - I'm sure I can pull it off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just gotta love those family days!! lol so congrats on no dramas on the day. That page is great Dallas! I have enjoyed you pulling your album together! So does your mum just put money in there for one person? And who ever find it keeps it?

Julie said...

Loving your layouts! I'm glad you had a great day with no issues - heaven save us from ill advised opinions huh? but don't you love it when it comes back and bites them in the bum?

Anonymous said...

Seems most families have some kind of meltdown on christmas day shame really but glad all ok at yours.
Really like all your layouts for the challenge.