Monday, December 11, 2006

the eskimos play....


...walking in a winter wonderland! hehe, if that's even the words! Struggled to find my childhood photos over the weekend, so had to resort to this....no matter!! Still loving this challenge, might even be able to do a couple more this afternoon - catching up would be nice (though I do need to take one photo on the big day!)
Poor Molly had a bit of a rough start to kindy this morning - there is one teachers aide for the two special needs kids - they used to have their own teachers, but I guess they did a cost cutting venture, and unfortunately a lot of the time, Molly misses out because the other boy needs a LOT of one on one time/supervision. This morning he was in one of his moods and felt like hitting Molly (and destroying everything in his path) - they aren't really hard, but if Molly is in one of those 'sensitive' moods, well looking at her will bring on the tears!! Apparently she was a little tearful even after I left, and would be sitting doing something and then stop, think and then there'd be a few tears...poor baby girl! Though when I picked her up, she was doing puzzles and was as happy as a clam! She's now in T'K's room playing Elmo on the computer - great wee game I picked up for next to nothing and it's all about numbers and letters! She is such a visual learner. Ella (the lady that teaches Molly sign language) phoned this morning to see how we were going with the cards she dropped off last week. Because Molly is so visual, she's been 'reading', she'll point to words in books and for some words will say it (well as close to "it" as she can get) She dropped round 11 words, and I lay them out on the floor the other night and asked Molly to find me each word - no problems - she nailed it the first time. Her words this week are
Molly
Mum
Dad
dog
a
and
look
good
school
book
cat
Ella didn't seem surprised that she knew them all, and is madly preparing her some more for next Monday, plus a few extras that I can bring out each week over the holidays. I'm so proud of how clever this girl is!! With all that we struggle with, I'm really thrilled that she has this willingness to learn, and takes so much in!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Lovely page, Dallas!
I'm sorry to hear that Molly now has to "share" her teacher aide with that boy - he sounds like a lot of work! Hopefully things will settle down and they will be able to have equal time/attention from now on.

~Zeetra~ said...

I am so proud of Molly. She has come so far and is doing so well.
Shame she has to share her teacher, but she is streaks ahead and will get there. Way to go Molly.

Anonymous said...

wow what good progress there Dallas. I could see how proud you were reading that post. Love the layout too, thats one of my fav xmas songs too.

Gillian said...

Beautiful, Love all that journaling..