Friday, December 01, 2006

1st December!

Well, we're now on the countdown till the big day I guess! I suppose that means getting organised and thinking about gifts - I do this to myself every year, and every year I swear I'll be finished before the mad rush - hehe, maybe next year!

I've taken on Janine's challenge, the 12 days of Christmas - should be a blast! I've always wanted to have an album about Christmas, and now I will! Even better when someone gives you the challenge, I'm really enjoying doing challenges of late!


On Wednesday, Molly's kindy went for an outing to one of the local farms that is set up for school/kindy visits - I last went to this farm when T'Keyah was 5! Farmer Dave greets the group at the gate and explains to the children that they are farmers for the morning, and have to help him out by feeding the animals! So we fed the 2 goats, the turkeys (including Mr Turkey who was displaying his feathers like a true showoff!), the ducks, hens & roosters, the mini ponies, the sheep, cow & calf, two piglets and two baby lambs. We even got to see some week old turkeys - now they are really cute and incredibly soft - Molly seemed to really take a shine to them!! Snapped this one while we were having morning tea in the paddock - just wish this monster would pose once in a while!!




Right, better get organised, have an appointement with Dr Elizabeth Harris at 2pm - she's into biomedical testing - so this is our first meeting, hopefully she's got some ideas about Madam!!

6 comments:

Kelly Slattery said...

Well done on getting the first challenge done Dallas. Love that ornament - how precious!

Anonymous said...

Well done on being the first to get your challenge completed and because you are I will send you a rak!! Wow Dallas I loved reading about that ornament...what a cool gift that was. I loved reading about your fake tree and now the tradition of the real tree. Awesome!! Loved your strip journalling too. Thanks for taking part.

Anonymous said...

Great work on the 1st day of the 12 day challenge :o) Love the strip journalling.

Gillian said...

Hi Dallas,
Great LO.. so impressed you've got the first one done. It's really lovely.. nice design.

Megan R said...

Great layout Dallas. I really like the idea of the challenge, but don't think I have got enough time! Will have to live vicariously through you guys :o)

Hannah said...

Awesome job getting the first challenge completed!! Lovely layout, too :-)