Friday, December 02, 2005

How the heck do you get out of a funk?? I know exactly when it happened and why - which helps, but doesn't, KWIM?? On Wednesday the social worker from Vera Hayward came over to discuss Molly and her therapy...or lack of said therapy. Molly spends 85% of her session, screaming and trying to get out of the therapy room...and the therapist keeps asking me how I deal with her when she's having a tantrum like that, she doesn't get that we don't have tantrums to that scale at home...it's either the clinic, the room or the therapist, and now hopefully we will begin the elimination process.
So I ended up talking a lot about Molly's diagnosis, or lack of....and it brought a lot of things to the surface, some I can deal with, others not so much.
I was fine all afternoon, kinda, but we got through it....then around 5pm it hit me, and I lost it - it wasn't pretty either, but I was completely shut away and just let it happen...though it flowed into Thursday and I can still feel it today.
Bah...wish it'd go!

1 comment:

nic said...

Hey Dallas - I dont know what kind of Therapy Molly is getting, but hang in there. These kids, especially thsoe that need special attention, sometimes get the best of us, but we always come right. hang in there.
nic