Monday, August 08, 2005

pictures


Let's try and see if I can upload some pictures....well so far there is a little red x in the corner....who knows what'll happen when I publish the page, guess we'll find out soon...it's all a learning process.
Molly doesn't speak, so this blog will probably be a lot of release for me venting my frustrations and anger over everything...short history on Molly
Molly is great...she was born on the 7th of February, 2002 on her due date no less! We had planned a water birth with our midwife Judy (Clark - who is the best!) and we did have that birth too! Molly was born after a 3 hour labour into the pool, and she just floated into the world. 7lb 12oz perfection.She progressed normally, text book infact...babbled on cue, said mama and dada at seven months and was such a wee delight. Nine months she got up from a sleep, and I popped her on the floor as usual and went to get her a snack and drink...I noticed that her left arm was just hanging by her side, and kinda thought perhaps she had pins and needles and it would come right...well after about 30 minutes it was still hanging and she wouldn't use it to take things off me. So I called the doctor and was told to bring her up - we were seen and were sent down to the emergency room with a letter (which of course I opened and read) saying that the Doctor was sending Molly down with a "Query CVA" - a stroke!? My precious girl has had a stroke??!!! I knew I wouldn't be able to cope with this alone, so I got Craig from work. We got into childrens PAU - and were greeted by a nurse in the corridor - laughing and saying, oh here comes the baby with the stroke...hahaha, babies don't have strokes. So we sat in that room, with her in one of those iron cots for 5 hours while they did nothing, and we listened to a kid puking it's guts out opposite us. Eventually, after going home and picking T'Keyah up and clothes for Molly and food, plus adult clothing just incase they'd admit Molly, they discharged us (would have been nice to have found that out BEFORE I drove across town!!) So nothing was done....She did regain movement, though a few people have commented that she seems to have a weakness on the left side. She didn't walk until 21 months, and now at 3.5years isn't talking...The "professionals" seem to think she's autistic, but then someone else comes along and doubts that she is....so we are still waiting to see whats up with her...FRUSTRATING FOR EVERYONE.
She is making great progress though, but that I suppose, is in my eyes. We arent' getting my positive feedback on the progress she is making...I honestly wish the medical system would pull their socks up about how they treat cases. The holistic view isn't there....now we were taught this at nursing- and to be frank (or william) I haven't seen much of it in regards to our care with Mops. I know they deal with these diseases/conditions every day BUT parents don't. And as a parent to be told that your child isn't normal is an earth shattering thing!! Your whole life seems to be ripped out from under you. Expectations have changed.

No comments: