Monday, February 26, 2007

Hot!

Well, at least it was hot earlier! The wind's picked up now, and cooled a lot!

I've been scrappin - yeah, not bloggin' but scrappin'! Just did the challenge for the No. 8 Wired Dare for this week - I figure doing challenges and submissions at least keeps me scrappin' and makes that stash of photos go down some! Dare was to use black & white with a "pop"...so in typical fashion, I used pink (hehe, no surprise huh!). I ran out of e's (as you do) so tried the negative look, looks quite cool, I would've liked to cut the middle part, but it wasn't happening, so I decided to quit before I wrecked it!!

My first DT stuff is up in the gallery www.scrapbooker.co.nz - this months stuff was heritage, and I admit I struggled. I'd never done heritage before, always had the best intentions, but never got around to it. I'm pleased with the results though, and now may even keep up with the photos (specially while my parents are still alive and can help me with people and dates!!).
Molly is doing well, as is T'Keyah - T'Keyah leaves in just under 2 weeks for Wellington for the NZ Marching Champs - she's thinking of leaving at the end of the season, which is fine - it's totally her choice whether she continues or decides to leave. It'll be funny having her around so much during the weekends!! Mops keeps on spitting out new words - hearing her saying bumblebee or doodlebops is just sooo cute!! She's a character.
Puppies are doing well - just over 8 weeks now - mum's decided to call them Summer & Daisy - dunno how that's going to go over with T'Keyah, she was set on calling one Danni! Maybe she can save that for another pup?
Jeepers, it's 2.48 already - I'll be getting a text from T'K soon telling me my instructions, lol - sometimes I pick her up, sometimes she walks to Shannons and I get her later, today though, I think Shannon has practice after school and T'K doesn't, so I guess we'll be going to get her - Taxi anyone? LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey I love that layout Dallas, stunning. Will take a peak at your heritage layouts.

Anonymous said...

The pink really does look great on the B&W. I had a wee look at your DT work and you did a great job! I've never scrapped heritage layouts before but I'd like to try.