Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The year is just trundling by..

We're nearly at the end of February! What is it, a week left??? Sad thing is, Summer's almost over too...I've really loved the fine weather lately...not looking forward to endless cold and misery & all the bugs that come with it.
T'Keyah had a local marching competition in the weekend - three teams in both (techincal & display) and her team won gold in both! They are off soon, to Whangarei for the National finals, hopefully they'll do well there too. (lucky brat, she's done waaay more travelling than me!!!)

Molly is still coming on in leaps and bounds - everyday is exciting as she learns something new, she's such a sponge at the moment - it's like the switch has gone off, and she's going!! On Friday, Craig dropped me out at Mum's so I could bath dogs for the show, and pick Mum's car up to do all the show-related errands! I went out the garage door to our car to get my keys, and the garage door closed behind me! Molly (yes Molly!!) had used the switch to shut the door! Luckily for her, she opened it too....and she said, open door!! Except now we have to be ultra viligant that she doesn't do it and let dogs out!

I'm having a blast scrapping at the moment, and I should thank Nic Howard who is, for me, a HUGE inspiration. I've been implementing some of her style & I'm amazed (and pleased) how quickly a page can go together. I did one yesterday afternoon, started it about 4.30 (stupid time I know!) and finished it just after 7, and that was with breaking to do dinner & run T'Keyah to marching practice! I used my Heidi Swapp iron-ons (yup, I had to dig through boxes to find my blinken iron!) and I think that I need to practice a little with them - they are gorgeous, but I'm not stoked with how they look - operater error me thinks! But I like how the page turned out - I'd been trying to scrap that photo for ages, and it just wasn't a happening thing! Wonder if I'll manage to scrap today - might devote Molly's kindy time to me!!

1 comment:

Delys said...

Love your colours Dallas! Yep I love Nics style too.
Well done on T'Keyahs marching team! Gold ...wow thats awesome!
Go Molly! Thats just wonderful about her major leapfrog! Lol about the garage door though!