Wednesday, March 08, 2006

And, so comes winter


in full force too!! It's 6 degrees right now - about 15 more and I'd be happy! LOL - I hate the cold!!

Isn't this face the cutest?? It's Molly doing her animal noises, I managed to catch her doing her "woof-woof" hehe, so cute!

I was just going through the photos on line, and they are shocking...that girl is becoming the worlds worst photographic subject!! She's just too fast, so I end up with shots of nothing, a blur, or her finger as she tries to touch the lens! Brat. She's a character though, and has become such a delight - just a year ago I could've given her up! (well, not really, but she was darn hard work!!)

T'Keyah is off tomorrow, flying to Wellington, then driving up to Wanganui for the Marching National finals - she's just buzzing - this is her third final comp, but her first in the under 16's! Just too exciting really! But on a sadder note, her stepmother has just been diagnosed with cancer, it's still really early, but she had a CT on Monday, and there is a mass near her heart, close to the sternum...it sounds like a hodgkins lymphoma - but T'Keyahs uncle (her dads brother) died just over 2 years ago from Leukemia, so its a bloody scarey time for all...and I know them all well (obviously seeing as he's T'K's dad, but I knew Cursey for years before they were even a couple - she was a great (and still is) friend. So we're all sending all the strength and courage we have - and hoping for a positive outcome, another CT is scheduled for Friday.

Righto, I'm off - have to watch Bad lads Army!!

5 comments:

Mel said...

Go and read me latest blog entry and then just use the bad photos! You wont think they're bad in 10 years time - you'll just be pleased you scrapped them!

Lara said...

I think I need a faster camera to catch my three in clear action!

Rach H said...

yep was colder here this morning + even a dusting of snow on the mountain!!!
I so know about those blurry photos. But she is a cutie!!
Rach

Megan R said...

Hi Dallas. Just saying Hi!! I hate it when people don't leave comments as well!! Love the banner, its very cool!

Anonymous said...

I personally love the blurry and the 'almost in the frame' photos, because - as Mel says - there's so much attached to them ... and there's the opportunity to journal 'why' and 'how' the moment appealed to you.
Perfection is kinda boring ... scrap those funny-face photos because they'll be the layouts that mean the most.
PS. Love your banner!