Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Four seasons in one day

Yup, Dunedin is really turning on the weather - some obscene temperature on Saturday, and Sunday morning started off okay, but then the temperature plummeted and it rained - yesterday was not much different and today it's overcast and cool again! I knew Craig shouldn't have jinxed it saying we'd not need to light the fire again! LOL.


Have finished my 2 Cj's (just sign in tag to finish) and then will post off - one group it's the final posting, books are being returned to their owners - really looking forward to getting mine back! The work in the ones I've seen is just gorgeous.


Molly keeps on surprising me - on Saturday she put the alphabet magnets in order from G-Z (A-F had already been done) without missing a beat, it was fast and all in perfect order! Craig's mum tells me she did the whole thing the other week...then on Sunday night, the whole family met for dinner, and Craig's nephew (nearly 8) was doing the alphabet on the fridge - well Molly heard him saying the letters (and he was struggling - he does have underlying issues and has been removed from his mothers home, and lives permanently with Dad) and came in and took over, granddad laughed and told Molly to get out, she was showing up J*****! I really think that Craig's (step)Dad has just realised that Molly is quite smart - even though she squeals and doesn't talk! LOL. Though I was super-proud of my girl! The lady that comes to teach us sign language reckons Molly will be able to read really soon- and she really is already, I suppose - she knows her name and picks out words from books. Now I just have to start thinking about a school for her (egads!!)


I'll pop a couple of layouts that I'd been doing for challenges up (just to make it look pretty - lol) I'm enjoying doing challenges, I'm getting to use up some photos that have been sitting here for ages patiently waiting their turn - the elmo layout shows Molly still in the cot, I'm thinking these photos are about 18 months old??The boots photos are about 6 months old, maybe more - so great to finally start clearing the backlog!! Hmmm notice a theme? Title in the right corner, strip journalling, grouped photos? Rut-roh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the journalling strips in both and the flowers in the second layout. Nice layouts and so easy on the eye....

Angela said...

Hey, love those layouts Dallas. You are a bit like me, do a layout that you like, and it's almost like scraplifting yourself, I've done that a few times. That's really encouraging news about Molly, doesn't it give you a warm feeling all through your body when something just clicks like that!