Tuesday, October 10, 2006

snow

Yup, well into spring, and Dunedin puts on the snow - hehe, suppose we can't whinge now that we had no snow this year!
School is most definetly back, and Kindy for that matter, and I'm enjoying the peace that is my house after 9am! I haven't scrapped anything though, have cut cardstock, and that's about it - though last week I did finish off two CJ's and really enjoyed them - one recipe one, and one about a little boy's firsts - very cute, and I did enjoy working with boy themes!


















The basic grey one, is Pams CJ - a book of firsts for her newest wee man, Liam, and the other one is for Carols CJ, her albums is about her boys. It's amazing how refreshing using blue can be! I am really enjoying the two journal groups I'm in, and as we get further and further in, it gets better! I love seeing the other peoples work coming through, and there are times when you first open that parcel and you take that gasp of air - and then think 'wholly heck, I'm never going to be able to keep up the standards'!! Great fun though!

I'm still waiting for our registration pack to get Molly's blood tests going - for anyone interested this is a link to a site that compares autism and mercury poisoning - interesting reading! I'm actually amazed at how many people have been interested in the link or a copy of the list lately. And the best was when one of the registrars at the hospital asked for a copy and then came back to me telling me how interesting it was and that she was looking into it further - it'll be nice, that perhaps one day further on, some family will meet this Dr and she'll tell them about looking into alternative avenues...whats a couple of blood tests going to hurt? Too many 'professionals' are stuck in the view that this is your lot and there is nothing that can be done to change/improve. Will update here (even if it is for my own benefit, lol) when things begin to happen again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dallas, I love those 2 snippets you have shown of circle journals you are doing, makes me wish I done it now.

The BG boys page, with the letters, My first, are they bg stickers? Did you outline them in black, they look so effective.

Thanks for sharing

Angela

~Zeetra~ said...

Hi, Just got Carols CJ in the post. I love the way you did the tags, very inventive.
i must steal some of your ideas...

Neen and Mike said...

So cool how one paper can inspire the same idea... if you go my scrapblogt look my Joshua layout... I had to cut out those gorg rockets too! Hee hee great minds!

www.neensbeenscrappin.blogspot.com