Sunday, October 15, 2006

....and the "official" diagnosis is......

Autistic Spectrum Disorder - and then he asked me what I thought, and I said, the honest version, he said yup, and I said that his diagnosis was bollocks (hehe). I can't believe he's turned around and AGREED with Michelle - she's so set in getting Molly a label, Grrr - makes my blood boil!!! I noticed too, that the only person that didn't belive Molly was autistic or even on the spectrum, wasn't at the meeting! Makes me wonder if she was even included, or because she had a different view, she was outted!!


Okay, while I don't doubt there is something wrong with Molly, I don't entirely agree with their diagnosis - but time will tell, and the sooner we can get these blood tests going the better - and that's a whole 'nother post! Trying to get in contact with them is a joke!! Will try again tomorrow.





I cut Molly's hair the other night...whacked off a fair amount too!
Here are the before & after pics! I love it being shorter, less hassle and she looks cute too! Good friend of mine is a hairdresser and she's going to tidy up the
ends for me (when she's got a spare minute or three, she just gave birth to the most adorable baby girl on the 12th October, Charlotte Maree, weighing 5lb 12oz). I'd been toying with the idea of cutting her hair for a while, but chickened out everytime - I just couldn't do it - but it'll grow again - but I do love it like this!
Had a crop today with a group of friends, managed to finish a single layout, and have got part way through a double - still considering whether I'll submit for a couple of DT spots, but I'm still struggling with the whole OTP thing - not my strong point I guess, and so many of these talented ladies have such an amazing imagination and the whole ability to think outside the square! I haven't done a double layout in forever too, and it seems like a whole new adventure...hehe!

4 comments:

saussie said...

I can’t believe how long Molly’s hair is now after the cut, let alone before!

I’m sorry you’re having a hard time with Molly’s situation. It is so frustrating and a very long and drawn out process.

Professionals love to attach labels, I think it makes them feel better and is supposed to make we parents feel the same way.

ASD is extremely broad. I’m sure at times if they can’t pinpoint the problem, they shove it in the “too hard ASD basket”. As you know, diagnosis is based on a certain number of criteria out of all the “tests” they do, being met. These can and are different in each case. The two “professionals” at your meeting must have felt, rightly or wrongly, that she met those criteria. I know here it takes 2 professionals to concur for an ASD diagnosis.

Children of Molly’s age grow, develop and change very quickly and many children are given a diagnosis “more serious” than they would get if they were say 7 or 8 years old.

The one positive is that an ASD diagnosis ensures Molly will get the help she needs. Does the NZ Government pay an allowance for carers of those with a disability? They do here in Oz.

By all means, explore as many avenues as feel necessary, afterall, she is your child and like the rest of us you want what is best for her. Good luck with getting things rolling.

Email me if you like.

Lara said...

looks great after the hair cut Molly. Thinking of you with the diagnosis thing - I get what you mean about the 'label' thing.

Angela said...

Thinking of you, don't have any experience, but hang in there.

Just wanted to tell you I got some baby boy letter stickers (not that I didn't already have several other colour basic grey stickers, LOL) so now I can do some cool letters like you did, it looks soooo effective with the black.

Beverley said...

So did you get the blood tests yet? I understand what you mean about the label thing too. How frustrating for you - hope you get the answers you are looking for soon.

By the way - I just tagged you.