Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thursday.....already

I called T'Keyah's school this morning, trying to contact her teacher - last week, she had a pair of canterbury pants nicked out of her bag, and then yesterday, her MP3 player, and yeah, she probably shouldn't have had it at school, but she enjoys listening to music while she walks to and from school (and besides, the number of kids I've seen walk out of school with cellphones and MP3s....!!). But I couldn't get hold of her, so I guess I'll have to go in after school and see if I can catch her - I'm livid - some little creatin has rummaged through T'K's bag, makes me sick, do parents not get ideas when their kid comes home with things like that??

On a brighter note, I went to an 11 hour crop on Saturday, which was fabulous...certainly made up for the abismal mothers day (but I won't tell Craig just yet, I'll milk it for a bit longer! lol). I certainly didn't get loads done, but 4 completed pages is good in my books! I prefer to have them complete, rather than having to do journalling or titles at home (computer journalling and fonts for the titles!). Even managed to complete (and win!) the challenge! The Lashes layout was the challenge page, we were given one of those mosaic 12x12 pages and had to create. It was actually harder than I imagined and the anal side of me really has issues with the squares that still remain!

The unpacking hasn't really got much further either - I'm waiting (patiently) for him to put up some extra shelves and some sort of cabinet or shelving in the bath room, and as he's working 7 days lately, it hasn't happened! Though I think later today, I'll tackle the toy boxes and do a bit of a clean out - I'm damn sure those things breed, especially all those McDonalds toys!!
What I do love though, is how easy this house is to heat - its fabulous, suppose it's the upside of having a small house!
This is another layout I did on Saturday, the black lines are stitching (with a very dodgy sewing machine that didn't really want to sew), simple but I really like it. It's about my wish to find the key to unlock Molly's speech - someone thought I should do an album about the struggles we have, but I really am struggling with adding another album! I just think I might add it more into her books. I really, really want to do an album for the family, but don't know really where to start! The girls each have an album(s) on their lives, since birth (T'Keyah's is just that little bit harder with the lack of decent photos), but once they both leave home and take their books, I've nothing left. But I don't know where to start, and frankly - I don't know what to put in it!! I'd really, really appreciate some ideas!!

2 comments:

Lara said...

yeah, keep milking it!

Anonymous said...

Love your layouts ... nice strong photos and titles, brief journalling ... lovely combos.
Have to agree with Lara ... keep milking the abysmal mother's day for a Bit Longer LOL