Wednesday, May 10, 2006

How long can one family live out of boxes? I have zero motivation at unpacking anything!! The kitchen is kinda done, I'm waiting for extra shelves to be put into the pantry - think that'll be about Sunday! And I need some sort of cupboard or shelving for the bathroom to house all the towels - I can't get over the fact that some houses have no storage areas at all! We've got a huge wardrobe in our room, but the other two rooms don't have anything - and no linen cupboard! (Must be designed by men!!) I'm absolutely gutted that this place doesn't have a dishwasher! Though, I've been so good, and dishes are washed, dried & put away every night!! (though, that old rule that the cook doesn't do dishes hasn't exactly been a happening thing, past 2 nights I've had to don the ole' rubber gloves!!) And sadly, my scrap stuff is packed away, and I'm itching to do something!! But it'll have to wait until we line the room down stairs and move the girls around...can't.wait!
On the positive sides, it has a fab view, is so close to school AND kindy...my petrol consumption has dropped so much!!
Had Molly's IP meeting at kindy today - we're gearing up for the transition to morning kindy (think it's the 29th she starts!) Six months ago when we had the last IP, I never in my wildest dreams thought Molly would be ready for mornings, but she so is, and even the Head kindy teacher said the same (LOL). We planned goals for the girl, and kindy is keen on taking on the signing too, which is awesome, Mops has taken to signing like a duck to water! (and it's really cute!) Adrienne then started to suggest the next IP meeting (which is in November) and then realised that Molly would be 5 in the February (geepers!) so it'd be a school orientated meeting - she asked me how I felt about the school issue, and I said about the morning kindy feelings, and that I knew in another six months we'd probably be in a different space, and Molly would be gearing up for school (hard to believe though)...sounds like she'd have a teachers aide at school too.
Though the other night I had this huge anxiety attack - I was sitting thinking about her being at school and the fact that she was still in nappies - then the anxiety hit - my daughter could be at school, wearing nappies and being ridiculed by other kids - that really ripped at my heart! I hope to God that it doesn't happen to her - I seriously hope she just 'gets' it one day and wants to go on the toilet!! I never in my wildest dreams, imagined how hard it is to raise a child with different needs - and I know that we are incredibly lucky, and there are children out there with far more serious issues!
I'm staring at my scrapping trolley and I'm dying! I need to scrap!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Dallas, I'm pleased that things seem to be going well with Molly and kindy.

Don't stress about unpacking, we've been here 3 years in October, and I still some boxes as yet unpacked!!!

Lara said...

Hi Dallas
Me - I've still got unpacked boxes from our shift here over a year ago too - kind of figure I may as well donate them as is to the SA or Happiness House. Storage here's a nightmare too - one hall cupboard for all our linen, towels, & everything else - open cupboards in our rooms though.
When we didn't have a dishwasher I developed a 'dish drawer' (my friends used to laugh - they really liked it though) I used a basket & all rinsed dirty dishes went into it - it fitted into my cupboard under the sink - meant a clear bench & therefore the house felt tidier!

Delys said...

OH I can just see this happening when I move in 2weeks! No dishwasher either (but fortunately we are taking ours..but wont be plumbed in straight away).Kids do all the dishes here so they are complaining already! lol
I think that my new house has okay storage ..better that my current house anyway! Yep definately Men who have designed it. As for the boxes unpacked...if you dont unpack it for a year then get rid of it ..you dont need it!
Just having a major chuck out here and SA and the wheelie bin are being frequently visited.
Great to hear about Mollys' new venture into morning kindy...wtg Molly!