Tuesday, May 02, 2006

give a girl a camera...


and this is what you get!

It actually cracks me up, downloading photos from the camera and finding all these kind of shots, or blurring fingers - I just have to remember now, when I'm taking photos, to check the lens....last time all my pictures were blurry, the lens was covered in sticky fingers!!

We're still on the huge blue's clue's run, don't think she's ever stuck with something for so long! It's been so brilliant for her though, lots of new words and sounds coming out. I found out yesterday at Kindy, that there is a place in Music Therapy again for Molly, and they wanted to know whether we wanted to do it again - I wasn't exactly thrilled last time, I think that Molly was too young, and she didn't really appreciate it nor get much from it - but now, she's so into her music and I think that she'll really benefit from it - new teacher too, apparently her teacher from last year has had a baby! I seriously didn't think that it had been that long! Molly's SES caseworker (the big-wig) came for a visit at kindy yesterday, she can't believe the change in Molly, loads of words, sounds etc, and her confidence in doing things is becoming so much better.

We're also on the waiting list for sign language - we've been using a few basic ones, and there is a rhyme that we say that has signs in it, and she's picked it up so quickly and uses the signs, so we thought it'd be something we could really utilise with the girl. I got the letter of referral the other day, Molly's condition is described as a lovely wee girl who has a diagnosis of developmental delay, tentative diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder and possibly also dyspraxia (difficulty sequencing movements). So she's got a lot going on! We've got a follow up appointment next month with the paediatrician, so no doubt the diagnosis will be reviewed and possibly added to (hopefully some taken away, but!!)

I got pictures printed yesterday, thinking some fresh photos would help me in my rut, but I really don't know if it'll happen! I really hate how fickle your mojo is!

1 comment:

Lara said...

sounds like lots of positive things happening. Yeah!