Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Ugh, I haven't been here for ages, and my head is about to explode....I need to make more effort to come in here and get it out!
I'm kinda gearing myself up for Molly to actually be diagnosed as autistic...I know, I said that the psychologist said she wasn't , but there is a meeting being held on Monday (11 October) and I've just got that sinking gut feeling that it's going to be ripped out (the diagnosis)
I guess at the end of the day, it isn't really that bad...but it's not what I had planned for my daughter, KWIM?? There are days that I just want to bury my head in the sand and ignore it - there are days I just want to leave, and not come back, and there are days that I love and adore her so much it hurts!
I feel so incredibly frustrated with everything - her progress is happening, but I don't credit Vera Hayward, or Michelle with any of it. It rips me when I hear of other autistic children, probably ones who are more effected that Molly, making huge progress. Christ, my daughter is nearly 4 - what the hell happens about school??? I don' t want this to effect her all through her life, I want her to have a reasonably good life, and be accepted, and to be honest, the way we're going now, she's going to be a social outcast!! And that breaks my heart
Christine is meant to contact me after the big meeting, so I'll make big decisions then about Molly's therapy, in particular - changing speech therapists.

No comments: