Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Santa claus and ambulances


Not a common combination you say? No, but for Molly anything is possible! Sunday night she developed croup at 10pm, mild and not too concerning - she barked, and continued sleeping...until 1am, when she started to cry each time she barked - and then because she cried, she got more upset - to the point where she was struggling to get breath in - blardy scary - we were organising ourselves for a trip down to the hospital anyways (the after-hours clinic was closed) and then she started gasping and struggling, so I called an ambulance. That had to be the most scary thing, looking at her struggling and getting scared!! So the ambulance finally arrives, and she's a lot calmer, but they take her and Dad to get checked over (I stayed home, Molly is a daddy's girl and T'K was sleeping) and after a steriod I went to collect them at 4am. She wakes up next morning, like nothing had ever happened!! So we went on the kindy trip - I felt a little odd, but I figured that I was right there, and she doesn't really interact with the other kids while I'm there anyway!

We got the bus to Cadburys to see Santa's grotto and Santa - Molly was delighted, she adores the man in the red suit, cute picture and a gorgeous Santa - he was talking to Molly while another child was having their picture taken with the Christmas Fairy (the option for those not keen on the red man) and I whispered to him that she doesn't have language and that she's autistic - he looked at me with wide eyes and then said his son was exactly the same, and that he talked - he touched me on the shoulder as we were leaving and said to look after that girl, she's a precious one, and that she will talk! Very sweet man!! He was brilliant with the kids.
Not a lot of scrapping going on - must get the rest of Janines challenges done. I did my contribution for a circle journal and am just waiting on the last one (it's actually one I didn't manage to get done while Molly was in hospital, but it's local so I can drop it off before Christmas, and not worry about the postal service!)...I have one of Janines challenge pages on my table now, waiting for that bolt of inspiration!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow, sorry to hear about Molly's croup!! My eldest boy Ethan (4 1/2) always gets croup, every winter. He's had it quite bad and I remember one night that he was really fighting to breathe and I rushed him to the A&E. When I told the (very young and MALE) doctor that he couldn't breathe, he replied "well if he couldn't breathe, he'd be dead, wouldn't he?" which just about threw me off the chair!! Thankfully Ethan came right and he was fine. But I do know how scary it can be, especially in the middle of the night and it must have been harder with Molly since she couldn't talk to you either. Anyway, I'm glad she is okay now. ((HUGS))

Cute photo with Santa!!

Angela said...

Sorry to hear about Molly, it sounds like you are on to it now, having been through it before. It's so much better if the adult can keep a clear head, good luck. What a gorgeous photo of Molly, isn't it great when Santa plays the part so well. We went to a party on the weekend and the Santa was so sweet, actually listened to the kids, and happily posed for photos for the Mums with cameras.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear at the trip to the hospital, scary times indeed. Lovely that you both went to see Santa and more so that Santa understood what you were saying. What a lovley santa he was.

~Zeetra~ said...

Im glad Molly got better. i hate it when the kids are sick.

Santa sounds like a special man, what a great guy.

Wish i was near the Cadbury factory-lol

merry Christmas